Direct DriveThe Mini Society is endeavouring to provide support for our teachers who have taken on extra work that, in the past, was handled by our administrative support which was cut in the 2016/2017 VSB budget. As a result, our projected expenditures were higher last year and will be higher this year than they have been in the past. Fortunately we have a financial cushion that allows us to maintain our annual fund-raising goal as it has been in the past. However, we do anticipate spending more than we raise this year, and in years to come. We are hopeful that our administrative support will be reinstated before the society's resources are depleted and we are forced to increase our fund-raising target.
PAC funds pay for expenses not covered by Vancouver School Board
- Computer laboratory including hardware, software and support,
- Web site hosting, firewall and security certificate
- Program enrichment such as Duke of Ed equipment, digital video editing,
- Science workbooks, etc.,
- Tickets for students to attend Bard on the Beach
- Wish list items chosen by Mini teachers to enhance learning in the classroom;
- Mini Field trips subsidies for financially challenged families.
- Contribution to legacy projects such as a new sound system form Point Grey Secondary School
- Scholarships and Bursaries for students graduating from Point Grey Mini School
There are many benefits associated with Direct Donations
- 100% of the proceeds go to the resources we need -- no fundraising expenses;
- Less time consuming and more efficient than any other fundraising methods;
- Parent volunteer time can be spent on more important programs and events to directly benefit our students without the constant strain to fund-raise;
- Confidentiality guaranteed;
Each year Mini Staff, PAC and families work together to determine a goal
- This year the goal has been set at $10,000;
- We encourage every family to participate as much as possible;
- Depending on individual financial situation, families are welcome to donate more, or less than the suggested average;
- An average of $100 per student will allow us to meet our goal;
- If your family's current financial circumstance simply does not allow for making a donation at this time, please rest assured that it will NOT affect your child's or your family's participation in our Mini community in any way.
You can donate to the Point Grey Mini School Service Society 2 ways:
- make a cheque payable to the society and drop it in the box in the Mini office or bring it to the Wine & Cheese, or
- donate via e-Transfer by sending your donation to email@example.com. Please email our treasurer, Dejan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name and the answer to your security question.
Download Chinese Translation of Direct Drive Campaign